Since there are no bolts or tools needed to assemble this type of racking, it is very easy to set up. Selective pallet racking comes in almost any size imaginable. The vertical upright frames are typically anywhere from 8 foot to 20 foot tall and the most common depths are 24â€, 36â€, 42â€ and 48â€. The load beams (commonly referred to as â€œstep-beamsâ€) are the horizontal cross beams that the products rests on. These beams vary in length, height, and gauge of steel depending on the size and weight of the product being stored. The most popular lengths of load beams are 48â€, 72â€, 96â€, 108â€ 120â€, and 144â€. Beam capacities are listed per pair and can range from 500# to over 10,000# per pair.
- 72” Long, 3/4” Step, 3500# Capacity Per Pair
- 96” Long, 1 1/2” Step, 2100# Capacity Per Pair
- 96” Long, 1 1/2” Step, 4000# Capacity Per Pair
- 45” Long, 1 1/2” Step, 5000# Capacity Per Pair
- 49” Long, 1 1/2” Step, 2500# Capacity Per Pair
- 48” Long, 3/4” Step, 5000# Capacity Per Pair